February 22, 2014

Flappy Bird


If you own a smartphone, chances are, you probably have played Flappy Bird. It became a big hit quick! I remember just scrolling through twitter one day and saw a ton of people tweeting about it. I didn't know what it was so being a bandwagon, I decided to download it just because everyone was talking about it. The game is so simple, yet so difficult! It's one of those games that make you so mad and just want to keep trying and trying.

It's pretty hard at first, but it gets easier after you play it a couple 100 times. I remember getting super excited that I got 7, and now I can get up to 100. You go around happily saying, "My high score is 32!" And then there's always that one person that says, "Mines 187" or something. Don't need to kill the other persons joy of success, lol.

There's two interesting things about this game though.

The person that invented this game is actually a teenager. This kid was making $50,000 per day just for an ad on his game. I mean c'mon kid, just drop out. He's probably set for life.

The other thing is serious. Two brothers were play Flappy Bird and one got a higher score. So the other brother stabbed him for beating him. This is why the app is not in the market anymore. It was starting to be taken serious that led to death.

I have this game on my phone and I play it all the time. Yeah, it frustrates me but I never quit. My high score is 120 and I haven't been able to beat it.

There's other games similar to Flappy Bird now since it got taken down so if you're looking for a similar game, make sure to check out the app store!

No comments:

Post a Comment